Sunday, March 29, 2015

Like Me

This is my second intro
because back then I wasn't look up to as a hero.
I was that family member that was seen as going nowhere
the friend that had a lot of talent but was still considered a zero.
Each day felt like a seesaw somedays were up some were down
maybe it was this town
that made my expression frown.
Maybe it was the friends I chose
the one that kept me on my toes whenever we were going to go get clothes
because I know how they like to impose.
But that's why I took advantage
and decided to take my damage
and vanish.
I didn't know what it was like to forfeit
leave the horses
that helped keep me out the coffin.
I knew that it was abrupt
but that's because I heard something from above that this was enough
find a new love
and that when you look at yourself in the mirror you won't see yourself in disgust.
All we wanted to be was kings
we knew we were young but all we needed were the rings
in order for us to have everything.
This is escape 101
for all the kids that are afraid and feel like five hundred tons
it's okay to run.
This is for all the kids like me all the kids that were tired like me
all the kids that were inspired like me
all the kids that felt like an outsider like me
all the kids that are like me Jesse Sedano. Extortion was who I was not who I am anymore because God came knocking on my door
and of course there was no way I was going to ignore.
I changed my life for the better
because everyday I felt under pressure
but now I know I'm under God's shelter.
I'm still trying to chase my dreams
because one day I'm going to get my family out of this scene.
My family is looking up to me
and there's no way we're going back to poverty
it doesn't matter if I grew up as a minority
I know what is my priority
and one day I'll also give back to my community. This is my life my story
and I know that I have family and friends that will always support me. -Jesse Sedano the kid that always shows up late to class.

6 comments:

  1. JESSE yesssssss I love you.
    This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse this post was perfect! You are so honest and I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always thought you are such a cool kid. Keep up the writing! Excited to read more:))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to finally know who this is! I've always really liked your blog, because not only can you express feelings, but you make it rhyme and I think that takes SERIOUS talent! Thanks for giving me a reason to attempt to rap.

    ReplyDelete