Sunday, April 19, 2015

Counterclockwise

I remember thinking how everyone is moving forward.
I wanted to keep going backwards. I know living in the past is a hazard
but it's a big factor
to help you see what really matters.
I remember being a loner people
telling me to grow up
but let me show ya
that long ago that I was one of those people that chased after the status quo
and although I chased after this I still felt like sometimes it was a game show.
People walking forward I'm going back home.
They say one man's trash is another man's treasure
I couldn't answer any better
except the man gathering the treasure
is a bit more clever
cause even though he has lesser
it still gives him pleasure
because he knows that God will love him forever.
I remember thinking back then nothing was the limit
and how slow a minute was
and how high my spirit was.
I see now people still take things for granted
but remember all the things you were handed
because I remember all the things I ever wanted
but never got it
because I felt like everything I ever got never lasted.
I notice now before everyone had money there was love
and before the money it was tough
but why is it for some it's never enough.
Or why is it when people get money
the world starts to get ugly
and people start coming to their old buddy
because they feel hungry.
You see guys in high school pimping
thinking that they're winning
but life will come back around hitting
just give it time because the clock is always ticking.
Back then somebody liked you they thought they had cooties
but as you grow up you start to see the beauty.
But some people take advantage
I wouldn't know cause I'm mostly a romantic
who's just average
not very attractive
but I still learned how to manage.
Think about if all the life you choices you made were the opposite.
I know that my life wouldn't be anything near positive.

I used to wonder what it feel like
But now, I know, achieved the goal
I ran the race I won the gold

I used to wonder what it feel like
You can really do anything
.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJAUMIvTXF4

No comments:

Post a Comment