Sunday, March 13, 2016

Brother

You know that we were always there for each other
I know how it is once you lose another
I'm sorry for your mother
But you know I'll always be there for you and your baby brother
I know how much you used to love her
I'm sorry for the life that you had
But remember you still have your dad
I don't know how we're caught in this contradiction
But I'm wondering if I should keep following these conditions
I've done everything wrong for so long it's now become an addiction
How long will I keep forgettin
All the times I've prayed to repent sins
Redemption
Seems like my mind and body has a bad connection
The Lord is waiting for me to be part of his collection
Each day I'm full of resentment
But I know what I represent
Cause I wear it around my neck
Stop asking me for favors
When you should be asking our Savior
Come back home
I'll help you reach the Lord's throne
We talked about being homies till we were old
I gave up being a G
Cause that's not who I wanted to be
School nights we played call of duty
You were always the one that brought the girls for the movies
I never had any game
But you told me to not be ashamed
Cause one day a girl will have my last name
Told me to quit
Cause you thought that basketball was my gift
Stay straight
Don't fall to the grave
When I make it big
I'll be sure to give
Back cause I know deep down your depraved
But just like you said it's nothing to be ashamed

No comments:

Post a Comment