Sunday, April 12, 2015

A tale of 2 cities

This is a tale of 2 cities
Both are revered to me as great cities
While one city helped me face anything gritty
The other helped me start a new series.
While I lost some
I knew I couldn't succumb
To whatever may come because life still goes on. Back then I thought that happiness was temporary always has been
And I thought sadness would never end.
I kept asking questions
Hoping to get lessons
And fix these imperfections
And then maybe in the mirror I'll hopefully see different facial expressions.
I knew I could only a trust a few
Because some couldn't come through I didn't know who to look to
Sometimes I wish I can undo
And pursue
Something that will help me pay the dues
Sometimes it feels like deja vu
But that's just my point of view.
But that was in the past
If it was played in a movie everything would go by so fast
Put me in a art show you can see the different contrast.
That was good old Long Beach California
Which was filled with many people having insomnia
And smoking marijuana
But luckily my momma
Told me I didn't need that to find nirvana.
But my friends went the opposite
Cause instead of drinking tap water out of the faucet
They decided they wanted to make a profit
I told them there were different options
We didn't have to be those people with heaters in our pockets
They said they were scared for their families they needed to walk around with confidence
And make sure everybody knew that if they did anything there would be consequences.
But I see them now they're keeping people from starving
But drugs is what they're farming
But they still haven't done any harming.
The present
Is what helped me stop living life like a peasant
Be grateful for what i'm given
But I didn't know how Utah was going to help me with the second segment
Of my story
Well maybe it'll help me chase for glory.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I really like the flow of this. My favorite part was the part about happiness and sadness and lessons and imperfections and facial expressions.

    ReplyDelete